December 14, 2001

Today was the day I met with the Hustler to discuss the release of my medical records. I waited patiently in the consultation room for his grand entrance. Trust me, it was a grand entrance. He sat down and asked me what he could do for me. I told him that I was there to collect copies of my medical records. He then took pen and paper in hand and began to draw me a diagram while explaining how it was not his policy to give patients copies of their medical records. His diagram consisted of three circles which he named patient, document release form, and new doctor.  I told him that even though his diagram was very clear, I was determined to get my records.

The Hustler asked me what in the world I wanted to do with my medical records. I told him that quite frankly it was none of his business but I would be happy to tell him. I told him that I was planning to find my own new health care provider in the New Year and that I was seriously considering going to the United States. He then asked if I was planning to move to the United States and I told him that I had no such plans. I told him that my reason for a trip to the United States would be to find proper medical care.

The Hustler then asked me if I knew that I was sick and had troublesome test results. Excuse me, but this was not exactly a news flash! I looked at him in disbelief. After all these troublesome lab results had been in my file since June. He then described each undesirable lab result and of course, continued to draw diagrams. He presumed I was to stupid to understand what he was telling me without visual aids.

He continued in this vein for quite a while. I listened patiently. Finally he asked me if I had not been made aware of these test results. I told the Hustler that the last time I had visited his clinic had been to see one of the doctors working for him. In fact, I had received a phone call from the secretary at the clinic telling me that I had to come and see a doctor so that he could discuss my lab results with me. I went on to tell the Hustler that after rattling off my lab results that day, No Name had told me that he had no idea what to do. I informed the Hustler that I had told No Name that day to phone me if and when he had an solution. I told the Hustler that I was still waiting for that phone call!

The Hustler went on in great detail about tests that I should have and medication I should and should not take. Finally he asked me how I would like to proceed. I informed him that at this time all I was interested in where the copies of my medical records. I told him that I was taking a break from doctors and would decide in the New Year what my next move would be. I told the Hustle I could either go to the United States where I would receive prompt and proper medical care or I could stay right here and raise holy hell.

That pretty well terminated the appointment. The Hustler assured me that the copies of my medical records would be ready to be picked up on Monday or Tuesday of the next week.

This entry was posted in Autoimmune disease. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s